Monday, April 7, 2008

A Garden Room



We were talking last night about our home back in Melbourne. One of the things we would really love to do is to invite the outside in even further.
An idea I really like is having a garden pod in the back yard. A separate room for work and sitting, which can convert into an outside eating room or a guest room when needed.
I quite like the modern pod structure in the photo above, but it would need to be more open with a lounging deck extending into the garden. I like the touch of whimsy in the above photo which I think would be nice to link the Edwardian house with the structure outside, and the gravel garden I plan to plant out on our return. However, we would have to be careful it didn't clash.

No comments:


Powered By Blogger

About Me

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Hi, my name is Sally. I have decided to use my blog as an inspiration journal for my interior design course, and as a way to catalogue my source file. I have an interest in sustainable design both interior and exterior. My style is to use beautiful reinvented recylcled pieces, and to mix these with modern materials, where possible incorporating a sustainable approach. I hope you find my blog interesting.